- Date Posted: 22 June 2022
A global company looking to expand their operation and drive sustainability within the energy market!
- Newly created role
- Help drive for a more sustainable planet
- Attractive Salary
About the company
Our client is a prominent demand response aggregation business based in Europe dealing with end users, electricity market participants and various product and service providers.
It operates at the leading edge of its industry, creating innovative services that are underpinned by continued in-house technology developments and delivered to market by an exceptional technical services team. We deploy our technology on our client sites to monitor and control their energy usage.
After establishing a subsidiary company in Australia with a head office in Melbourne, with employees in Victoria and New South Wales, our client is looking for an individual with a background in technical sales preferably with qualifications in process engineering and/or chemical engineering and/or electrical/industrial engineering.
Your role will be to identify new clients and business opportunities within the Australian National Electricity Market (NEM) and to help the commercial team achieve and exceed their sales and growth targets while ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty is maintained.
Key purpose of this role
Primarily a sales role for someone who is driven, disciplined, and curious about the energy market with a keen interest in sustainability. You should enjoy problem-solving and must be able to take complex solutions and present them in a manner that gives potential clients peace of mind.
You will engage with large commercial and industrial prospects with the aim of enrolling them in demand response programs.
Key accountabilities of this role
- Responsible for lead generation and prospecting.
- Responsible for identifying and creating new business opportunities.
- Responsible for driving sales through links with industry partners and participating resellers
- Responsible for achieving sales targets as set out by the senior management team.
- Prepare and negotiate customer contracts, including terms and pricing
- Carry out preliminary assessment of demand response resource based on electrical single line diagrams and other relevant documents and information
- Develop and maintain strong consultative relationships with client base
- Contribute to product and service development based on industry and customer insights
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts
To be successful you will ideally have a background in sales, with a technical or engineering background that provides insight into industry processes. You will possess tertiary qualifications in Chemical/Industrial Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other Engineering discipline. Other relevant disciplines will also be considered.
Along with your tangible sales record, knowledge of the energy industry will be looked upon favourably. Your genuine passion for sustainability will see you aligned with company values and ultimately lead to your success.
It is a given that you have exceptional communication skills and feel comfortable presenting complex solutions to C-level clients.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please apply now or call Joel Melbourne at Advance Careers on 0466 697 913